3D sound reproduction equivalent to 7.1.2 channels realised using Yamaha’s unique Digital Sound Projector technology to let you enjoy movies and music with thrilling 3D surround sound.
– MusicCast functionality lets you enjoy a variety of audio content throughout your home using an exclusive app.
– Surround sound from a 44-speaker array in a total 46-speaker configuration —the most in YSP history
– Six height channel speakers on each side provide 3D surround sound reproduction equivalent to 7.1.2 channels
– The latest surround sound formats, Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X, are supported
– *DTS:X becomes possible with a firmware update
– A total of ten programmes in three categories for CINEMA DSP 3D are supported
– Dialogue Lift ensures that dialogue comes from the center of the screen
– An external subwoofer can be used with wired or wireless connection
– (the SWK-W16 Wireless Subwoofer Kit is included)
– MusicCast lets you stream any music content to other MusicCast products
– The MusicCast CONTROLLER allows you to control all MusicCast products and operate all music sources from your smart device
– Support for internet radio and various music streaming services
– AirPlay® allows music streaming from Mac, PC, iPod, iPhone and iPad
– Supports Bluetooth® output for pairing the YSP-5600 with other Bluetooth equipped products
– Supports various codecs: MP3, WMA, MPEG4-AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC and AIFF
– HDMI input with 4K60p Pass through and HDCP2.2
– OSD supports overlay over HDMI input and multiple languages
– (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese)
– Clear Voice makes dialogue and narrations easy to hear
– Simple external design features a mesh grille cover over the front and top
– Indicators are placed on the inside of the grille and extinguished when not needed
– Wall mounting is possible, so you can choose the best look for your interior
Real 3D Surround Sound Reproduction Realised in a Single Unit by Digital Surround Projector Technology
Inside the unit’s front grille are 44 precisely calculated and positioned speakers.
In order to create 7-channel sound beams (Front left/right, Centre, Surround left/right, Height left/right), each of the speakers is controlled by and individual delay time and is driven with its own independent amplifier circuit.
These beams are projected onto the walls and ceiling, to be reflected accurately to the listening position.
This creates the same sound as real wall and ceiling speakers —not a virtual sound, but real 3D surround sound reproduction.
In addition, the YSP-5600 uses the Surround channel sound beam for Surround Back, and the Surround channel is phantom merged to support the equivalent of up to 7.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X reproduction.
Height Channel Positions Can Be Precisely Adjusted to Match the Listening Position
For reproduction of the latest surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the relationship between the listening position and the height channel locations is very important for faithful reproduction of the sound space.
The YSP-5600 adjusts the angle of the sound beam directed at the ceiling allowing the height channel position to be matched to the listening position either manually or automatically.
Even if the listening position relative to the display changes, you’ll get the effect of the height channel for natural 3D surround sound.